Live Session Outline
Learn to start production by asking the right questions.
This module is dedicated to helping students kick off their projects with a mindset towards problem-solving and creative solutions. The goal is also to establish what a Director is and how their role is essential to a good production. See the bullet points below for a summary of this live session.
- Multi-Disciplinary (breaking down design, photography, illustration)
- What is Direction?
- What makes a great 3D Director?
- Making a bold statement.
- Staying in a lane.
- Evoking a feeling. Beyond design principles.
- Directors can explain their choices.
- Directors are master planners, being thoughtful about each element.
- When are you ready to direct 3D?
We will also kick off the first project and talk about this initial discovery (R&D) phase. Then a quick overview of client expectations including points such as:
- Understanding a brief.
- What do clients want?
- Understanding the Intent.
- Determining Audience
- Planning Production/GANTT Charts